Nailsea District Leg Club
Tithe Barn, Church Lane, Nailsea, BS48 4NG
Worried about your legs?
Do you experience pain? Have varicose veins? Have you got Broken skin or an ulcer?
Call in to the Leg Club - No Appointment Needed!
9am - 12 noon Every Wednesday at the Nailsea Tithe Barn
Qualified NHS Nurses will be on hand to assess your legs, give advice, undertake investigation and, if necessary provide treatment.
Alongside this you will be welcomed with a cup of tea, some cake, biscuits, fruit and of course a very friendly team of local volunteers.
We sometimes have activities, musicians, puzzles and board games on the go.
It's a great atmosphere!
Transport to and from the Leg Club is available should you find it difficult to get here.
Your carer, relative or friend is also very welcome to come with you if they wish.
Not sure it's for you? Pop in any Wednesday morning and see what we are all about - you will be made to feel welcome and can see how we operate. Then you can decide if it is what you are looking for.
We are affiliated to the Ellie Lindsay Leg Club Foundation.
You can see more at https://www.legclub.org
Other Leg Clubs operate all over the country and are a proven model for treating leg problems, particularly leg ulcers.
It is run in the Community, for the Community, by the Community.
We look forward to seeing you.
Fancy doing some volunteering?
Do you have a couple of Wednesday mornings free to help at Leg Club?
Be a volunteer driver
Help with refreshments
Spend time talking to our members (patients)
Train to be a receptionist
If you have any nursing experience you could become a Nurse Supporter
ALL positions are vital for the successful running of the Leg Club
If you want to find out more call in to Leg Club any Wednesday between 9am and 11.30am and we’ll show you around!
Who is involved in the Leg Club?
The Leg Club clinical staff:
- Amy Duckworth, Lead Nurse for Leg Club
- Practice Nurses from Tyntesfield Medical Group
- District Nurses from the Community Partnership
- Ex or retired nurses who provide support to the nursing team
The Leg Club Managing Committee:
- Chair - Carole Brooke
- Secretary/Nurse Supporter - Christine Lee
- Treasurer - Val Smith
- Volunteer Co-ordinators - Sandy Riley and Glynis Woods
- PR/Advertising Judith Brown
- Advisory/Rotary - Ken Rock
- Committee Gill McConachie
- Committee/Nurse Rep Sue Laver
- Committee/Volunteer Driver - Sue Kerr
- TMG Representative - Gemma Harding
- Tyntesfield Medical Group (Tower House, Backwell and Brockway Surgeries and Long Ashton Surgery, North Somerset Community Partnership)
- The Nailsea and Backwell Rotary Club
- Nailsea Town Council
- The Tithe Barn Trust
- Backwell Social Club
- Nailsea Community Fund
- James Tudor Trust
- Quartet of Bristol